What should have been a free day yesterday turned out to be quite different. Finding myself alone after hubby flew to Singapore for a few days, I decided to clean some closets. Bags were strewn on the bed and some old clothes were being sorted to separate those for charity.

Half-way through the mess, I decided to take a break and join the boys for breakfast. It was after I stood up that I felt my heartbeat become irregular. I thought, maybe I was exhausted and that this might return to normal in a few minutes.

It did not. Even after breakfast, my chest muscle seemed to be feeling a mild flutter. I became alarmed when it went on for 30 minutes. I requested our househelp to seek assistance from our neighbor who is a surgeon by profession.

He checked my pulse and listened to my heartbeat using his stethoscope. He noted two skips in one minute and advised me to take it easy. He even offered to bring me to the hospital he's affiliated with if I wanted to. I didn't want to impose as this was a free day for his family.

I made arrangements with a car service for pick-up and drop off as taxi cabs were quite hard to come by and driving myself to the ER was out of the question at this point. Jerry was on a trip. 16yo son, Matt, is out of town. So it was 13yo 2nd son, Kyle, who was with me throughout the ER trip. He did the legwork for my insurance requirements. :)

First ECG test was normal, thank goodness! However, the resident physician advised me to undergo several tests to rule out anything.

I went to our HMO to see the internist. My 2nd ECG was still normal.

That was yesterday. I think I was checked by at least 3 doctors in one afternoon. My Independence Day break became a "visit to ER and doctors day".

This morning I went to have my blood tests. The results will be out tomorrow yet. Then a visit again to a cardiologist who might work me up using the treadmill. I'm hoping, if there's any finding, that it's just something treatable by medication.

While these were happening, I turned-over some tasks to my colleagues in HR. I arranged again for car service to bring me to get Jake after his first day in kinder2. Then I stayed home to rest as Jake took his afternoon nap.

I may have gotten myself to temporarily slow down but my mind was racing the whole time. I guess my body is telling me something...


  1. Yes I think your body is a bit complaining. Overworked, it is telling you this---In everything you do, YOU HAVE TO MAKE HASTE SLOWLY.

    And take your food with strict moderations: less salt and less fat; and your work less stressful.

    Hope you are well now. We will pray everything will be okay.

  2. even if anonymous, i could tell it's you. "paparazzi" is written all over this comment. hehehe. :)

    thanks for the advice and the concern. i will make drastic changes to my lifestyle for the better.


Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after the blog author has published it.

Thank you for sharing your view. :)

Popular posts from this blog

School and a Mixed Bag of Emotions

Angels Are All Around Us

LP: Linis